Conference Presentations

I thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to share my learning with a wider audience. These presentations are largely available on this blog … but I am always available to present at your school, seminar or conference. Just use the Contact page and I’ll gladly respond with details. I’ll even tailor a presentation to your specific request.

September 2012 MYSA Gold Coast Regional Meeting: The Digital Native and 21st Century Learning

January 2013 Catholic Education Inservice: The New Mindset

February 2013 Catholic Education Inservice: Using Twitter to Build a PLN

June 2013 QHTA Annual Conference: Digital Tools for Visual Literacy in the History Classroom

July 2013 First Gold Coast TeachMeet: Innova8

July 2013 Guest Lecture at ACU Brisbane: Create, Collaborate, Curate and Become a Connected Teacher

August 2013 10th National Interactive Teaching and Learning Conference: Haiku Deck: Setting Stories Free

February 2014: Easy Apps For Work and Fun

June 2014 EduTech 2o14: Death to PowerPoint

June 2014 EduTech 2014: Tweeting the Ancient World

August 2014 Guest Lecture at ACU Brisbane: Smashing Your Classroom

October 2014 ACEC National Conference: Riding the Social Media Wave in Education

March 2015 HTAWA State Conference: KEYNOTE ADDRESS Turning Up The Heat: Teaching History in a Connected Digital World

March 2015 HTAWA State Conference: Social Media in the History Classroom

June 2015 TeachMeetWA and EduTech 2015: A first for me; I was a virtual presenter twice in one day, at the same time, in two separate states. Thank the Gods I discovered Adobe Voice. My #TeachMeet presentation was about an old friend; Haiku Deck. At the same time in Brisbane, I was “Making STEM History.

June 2016 … after a long time between drinks, I took to the stage at the inaugural Education Nation Conference in Sydney. My chosen topic for the “Digital Dimension” focused upon Technology in Australian Schools: What If We’ve Just Made Everything Worse.

March 2017 … my first gig for Criterion Conferences was as part of their “Improving STEM Education” days in Sydney. My topic on this occasion was Creating a Makerspace and the full slide set is available on Slide Share.